Tuesday, July 6, 2010

3 weeks to go!

I can't believe that we are so close to meeting our baby boy!! There are so many thoughts that are running through my head. First, I am excited! We are so blessed to be having a child. The Lord is the one who opens and closes wombs and He has given us such a sweet miracle. Second, I am anxious. We are about to take care of a little human being who is going to depend on us for everything for the next 18 years. Third, I am nervous. Dear Lord, calm my anxious heart and allow me to trust you with this little boys life. I tend to want to be in control of circumstances, when I am not in control. I always have the "what ifs" run through my  head and I have to catch them and say "The Lord is soverign, He is in control, He has given you this child and He loves you." We are praying now for a safe delivery, that grants us a healthy baby boy whom we will look at and see our savior that has been knitting him together for the last 10 months. I have tears in my eyes as I write this because we are so undeserving but have been richly blessed. 

Jack = God is Gracious. God has been gracious in granting us with life. May Jack understand God's grace and all its depths. May Jack understand the grace that God had on us when He sent His son Jesus to die so that we can know Him, make Him known, and give him all the glory. May he grow up to be like his dad. Who with Christ's love, stole my heart and is my best friend. I see Christ in him each day and I am so thankful for such a man who reminds me of the gospel and God's sweet grace.

Henry = leader of the household. As I prayed in my last blog, a huge prayer of ours is that Jack will grow up and be a man who leads his family in the ways of the Lord. That he will be a strong leader of his household because He knows and understands the gospel.  May he never settle when it comes to marriage. May he have a wife who will love the Lord first and more than she loves him. May she respect him and join him in raising their children to be followers of Christ. 

The world is only getting harsher and we must be on our knees in prayer for the ones that we love, the lost, and the world. However, we must not get caught up in the sad or hard things. The Lord has given us so much to enjoy! We live in a world with such beautiful sights and beautiful people. May we never forget that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment