Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Last 6 Months


Since, I have not blogged in the last 6 months, I will try and do a brief overview of what has been going on. Jack was born on August 2 and that was the day that ours lives totally changed. Nobody can prepare you for parenthood. No words can actually describe all of the changes that are going to take place. You truly have to experience it for yourself. With that being said, things got off to a rocky start on my end. Jason on the other hand, was calm, cool, and collective. I felt such a huge weight of responsibility that it was hard for me to enjoy the most precious gift in the world. However, after about hmmmm....12 weeks, I began to tell myself that I could do "this motherhood thing" and it was actually quite enjoyable. Now, I understand why parents say "there is nothing like the love for your child." I would lay down and die for him. He is THE most beautiful little boy in the world. My cup overflows.
So the past six months has been a lot of learning. Learning that not all babies are the same and to stop comparing mine to everyone elses. Jack is the baby the Lord has entrusted me with. Learning why the Lord says to put your marriage first. It easy to get busy and neglect one another. Side Note - my husband is amazing, patient and a lover of Jesus. I am honored to walk through the life with him. Most of all, learning that I will never truly be able to understand God's love for His people. It is uncomparable to my love for Jack and that is so hard to wrap my mind around. He sacrificed His son for me - a silly little sinner. It is beyond humbling.
I look forward to many, many more months with my sweet family and Lord willing adding more little pitter pattering feet to our home.

1 comment: