Saturday, May 7, 2011

Practice makes Perfect

For our two year anniversary, Jason bought me four photography classes at The Birmingham School of Photography. I have to say that this was a dream come true. I first fell in love with photography when I went to Thailand for two months in 2005. I wanted so badly to capture every detail of the culture around me so that I could remember it forever. Well six years later, I have this professional camera and know nothing about it. So, I have been so thankful for this class and thankful for my husband who listens to me when I go on and on about all of the different goals I have for myself. I am usually pretty good with the composition of a picture (which really has to do with taste). However, when it comes to lighting and manual mode (programming everything yourself) I am clueless. Today, we went to the botanical gardens and practiced a few things I have been learning...


How to freeze stuff...








How to make stuff look like it was painted...





How to take a picture with a large depth of field and maintain good lighting...


And here are some pics of that cute kid of mine...



He learned how to clap this week!



We love him.




I have a long way to go, but atleast I am learning something about all of those buttons on my camera.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you fabulous moms out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment