Monday, June 13, 2011

Coming up...

I am going to start this blog off by telling everyone why I blog. Well, there are a few different reasons. One, is for memories sake. If someone asks me on Monday what I did that past weekend, I will usually reply "what did I do this past weekend??" and it will take me a couple of minutes to remember. Well, if that happens on Monday, you can imagine if someone asked me any later than that. The weekend is just getting hazier. So, I was told that you can get your blog turned into a book. Sounded fun to me! Then, maybe, my kids and grandkids and so forth can read the memories when we are no longer here to share in the joy with them. Second, is for our out-of-town friends and family to get a glimpse of what we are doing. And most importantly, to tell all how our sweet Jesus is sovereign over it all and how we strive to bring glory to his name as we walk in His story.

Now, I can tell you what's coming up! There is a lot of party planning going on! Jason turns 30 on July 21. Jack turns 1 on August 2nd and my ten year high school reunion is at the end of September. I am involved in planning all of these parties. Though I have a PR degree and event planning experience, I somehow manage to to stress myself out anyway. Here is a glimpse of what I have done so far....

Jack's birthday banner


A shirt to match!


I love the colors navy and chartruese together. Those were the colors that I used in our wedding and it looks like Jack's party is heading in that direction as well. We shall see!

I have some things up my sleeve for Jason's 30th too. I can't post them yet. He reads this. As far the high school reunion goes, I know that some people could care less about theirs, but I am looking forward to mine. High school was not a bad experience for me. I mean ofcourse if I could go back in time and do some things over I most certainly would. But, I suppose those were the things that were molding me and and teaching me. Plus, what do most teenagers think about? Themselves. But, I do wish my heart would have been less selfish and that I would have cared for others more. With that being said, I can't wait to see the people that I grew up with for 18 years. We will have so many stories to share about the last 10 years and how our lives have changed so dramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment